Data Services Specialist (Python/SQL)
f/m/d, permanent, 80-100 %
zetcom is one of the global market leaders for museum and collection data management systems. Museum data touches many of the most complex areas of human knowledge. It ranges from semantically describing and organizing collection objects to managing exhibitions and insurance contracts. The storage, processing and user interactions with cultural heritage data require an understanding of the humanities and semantics, social processes, and historical aspects.
zetcom is an international company operating in many regions, working with some of the most well-known cultural institutions in the world and prestigious private collections. It celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2023 with its 100 employees.
The data services team is responsible for implementing the project and client-specific data migration processes, in close collaboration with the project managers and clients. The projects are broad and varied, migrating data from legacy systems, custom-built databases and many data formats of varying quality. The team are data experts with a deep technical and semantic understanding of the data. The team provides the structure of migration specification documents and develops the migration platform and tooling (Python). The migration process is continuously developed and improved, with a long-term objective to make the process repeatable, explorable, and testable for all stakeholders (self-service approach).
To join our diverse and international team serving all zetcom locations worldwide, working out of Berlin (with a hybrid, partially remote working model) we are looking for an experienced permanent full-time:
Data Services Specialist (Python/SQL)
You will: 1. be responsible for client projects on the technical implementation side in collaboration with project management and 2. actively looking for opportunities to improve our stack and its software architecture.
This role includes (but is not limited to):
- Deliver data services for our projects, develop client data migration workflows and digital asset processing pipelines for moving data into our SaaS product, from thousands to millions of items
- Deeply collaborate with our project managers in data analysis, interpretation and migration and actively support them in creating correct specifications and efficient workflows
- Participate in the revamp of our legacy technical stack and data service processes into a modern data migration framework based mainly on Python, the Django Framework and PostgreSQL
- Contribute to best practices, code quality, processes, tooling improvements and documentation with the team
What you should bring?
- Deep understanding of relational data structures and SQL (PostgreSQL is an advantage)
- Substantial software engineering background in Python + ecosystem and tools
- Comfortable working with Linux systems and command line
- Interest working with highly semantical cultural heritage data
- Approachable, ready to help and a team player. Good oral and written communication skills
- Delivery oriented, experienced in working in project-based environments
- Fluent in English. German or French are pluses
- At least 4 years of full-time experience, employed or as freelancer
What do we offer?
- Flexible hybrid working model including workation, equipment for home office
- Modern Python + SQL tech. stack for data services
- Your ideas have an important impact and cover a wide range of projects and topics
- Amazing worldwide customer base with unique collections
- International data services team, diverse culture with flexibility and responsibility
Are you ready to help the team make an impact? We look forward to receiving your CV. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us!
Please contact our HR Team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.