For our offices in Bern or Berlin we are looking for a WORKING STUDENT for our Application Development Team, as a permanent member with the option of working part-time.
As an intern, you are considered a true member of the development team and you will be working on current projects in addition to being involved in every aspect of the business.
You will be working on current customer projects and delivering solutions according to the project managers requirements, as well as contributing to the teams tools, practices and workflows. Our core technology is written in Java & Groovy on a web / SaaS application. The team is using modern development tools utilizing GitLab, Docker, Continuous Integration, Code Reviews and
The zetcom group develops international leading software solutions and services for museums, collections and corporate archives as well as solutions for organizational management (foundations and associations) and environmental data management (administration and companies).
Over 1.000 clients in more than 30 countries are using our flexible software solutions (SaaS) to develop and maintain cultural heritage, to manage daily business or to administer environmentally relevant institutions. They are supported by our headquarters in Switzerland, by our subsidiaries in Germany, the USA, Spain, France and by our worldwide partners.
- Design & implement solutions according to requirements
- Participate in the requirement gathering process and understand the customer needs
- Troubleshoot and fix issues reported internally and by our customers
- Learn and contribute to best practices, standard IT development processes and tools
What you should bring
- You’re a student at a university or technical college in computer science
- A Software engineering background on object-oriented languages, preferably Java . Basic knowledge of web technologies (HTML,
CSS, JS, HTTP, protocol, …)
- Understanding of databases and relational models
- Basic knowledge of development tools (Git, IDEs, …)
- Approachable, ready to help and a team player. Good oral and written communication skills
- Good written and oral English (most communications take place in English). German or French a plus.
What we offer
- A supportive environment for a first working experience
- A fast paces work environment with a large variety of tasks and clients
- A real-world experience working on current client projects
- A unique customer base involved with culture, non-profit and ecological sectors
- An International and diverse culture in medium-sized company with flexibility and responsibility
- Flexible working hours and remote work possibilities
Sounds like your next step? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates). Any questions? Please contact our HR Team +41 31 320 10 09 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org We are happy to take care of your questions by any communication channel.