"Girls, Computer Science - go!"
zetcom participated again this year in the National Future Day (Nationaler Zukunftstag), this time under the keyword "Girls, Computer Science - go!". Ten girls from 5th to 7th grade took part.
They learned in a playful way how an information technology company works and, above all, how our customers manage their pictures and art objects and maintain them in the ArtPlus collection management database.
After a tasty lunch, the participants were then able to become active themselves. They measured, photographed and finally inventoried and managed our in-house art exhibition in a demo account.
This is what the participants said
The feedback of the girls confirms our commitment and we are already looking forward to the next future day on 14 November 2019.
What did you particularly like?
- I actually thought everything was great.
- At the end I liked working with the pictures, measuring them and capturing them in the application.
- That we could make an application ourselves
- That we uploaded pictures ourselves
- To take the tour through zetcom
- Working on the computer
- The nice people, the pizza
- That we could describe the pictures in twos
What didn't you like?
- I liked everything 5x
- That sometimes it was so loud
- Nothing, everything was good 2x
- Going home
- That we had to wait so long for the pizza 🙂
The National Future Day (Nationaler Zukunftstag) - Changing sides for girls and boys is a campaign that has been widespread throughout Switzerland since 2001. It offers pupils the opportunity to accompany their parents at work or to get to know the world of work through various special projects.